As a Lead application developer you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the software development life cycle including application architecture definition and design.
You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities, ensure the stability and maintenance of our web-based applications to meet our business objectives.
- You are the technical reference when it comes to development practices and techniques, proposes and implements these best practices and drive excellence (agile, devops, peer review, unit tests, test automation, reporting, …)
- Design and develop web-based applications to complement our current core system, applications to comply with company standards
- You are responsible for the underlying architecture of applications developed
- You prepare the backlog items together with the product owner
- You report development KPI’s (velocity, burnup, burndown charts) and detect areas for improvement
- You ensure that internally developed applications are tested in line with end user requirements and best practice
- Ensure the stability, support and maintain existing applications developed by the Development Team
- Contribute to the ongoing maturity of the IT software infrastructure within the business by ensuring that latest technologies are continually being considered and adopted
- Continually develop own skills and act as a mentor to help increase overall capability of the team
- Actively contribute to team discussions and decisions
- Report and escalate issues the Infrastructure and Development team lead
With more than 1,500,000 vehicles, ALD Automotive Group is Europe's leading provider of leasing and fleet management solutions for businesses and individuals. The Group is present in 43 countries around the world and is part of the Société Générale Group.
Since our start in 1965, 250 employees have joined our team. Our ambition? Provide exceptional service to fleet managers and drivers. This is a major challenge that we are meeting with a fleet of more than 60,000 vehicles.
ALD Automotive is the reference in Belgium for operational leasing, car rental and Fleet Management. With an innovative view on multimobility, social issues and leasing experiences, we also offer our customers flexible solutions: commercial bikes, charging possibilities, pool bikes, mobility applications, consultancy.. All taking into account the individual needs of the customer.
ALD Automotive is part of the Société Générale group and encourages its employees within a fascinating working environment. You will find yourself in a healthy company that is economically and commercially stable. We are active in a sector that is in full swing. So with us, you work in a working environment where there is room for initiative and growth.
- You have a Bachelor or a Master in ICT with a professional experience in a same function for at least 2-3 years
- Experience with performance analysis and monitoring of web-applications
- Good awareness of object orientated design
- Knowledge of development & test practices particularly continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation approaches
- Experience of delivering software as part of a team through all phases of the development cycle; including testing
- Develops others by sharing own experience and expertise
- You are problem solver & have strong analytical skills
- You are client & results oriented
- You are preferably fluent in French, English & Dutch
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are a team player & stress resistant
What can we offer you?
- Desirable position with an international player with more than 6000 employees in 43 countries.
- A place in an inspiring and challenging working environment.
- Attractive pay package, supplemented with a range of extra-legal benefits such as a pension savings plan, hospitalization insurance, company car, meal vouchers, etc.
- Optimum work-life balance thanks to 12 ADV days, sliding hours and one day of homeworking per week after one year.
- Private leasing for an attractive price after six months.
- Extensive coaching and development opportunities.
Could this be an interesting challenge for you? Please apply via the link and add your CV and motivation as well.